Southern Oregon Survival provides free monthly classes to the public. These events allow people to gain new preparedness skills while meeting and networking with other like-minded individuals in a non-judgmental environment.
Our goal is to educate and motivate people enough to want to start their own meetings and spread the knowledge. Whether you're a beginner or veteran survivalist, you can gain new knowledge or refresh your skills at every class. You may even have valuable information you can pass along to others.
All ages are welcome but please keep in mind the subject matter. Some issues that come up may be too advanced or scary for some children.
Where: Fruitdale Grange, 1440 Parkdale Dr, Grants Pass, OR 97527 (Across the street from Grover's Electric and Plumbing)
When: Every 3rd Saturday of every month
Time: 4:00-5:45 pm
Cost: FREE, but a donation of $2 per person would be greatly appreciated to pay for the room fees.
Every month we discuss one topic from the Emergency Preparedness Plan. You can find a blank plan by clicking here. Please print one up and bring it with you to every class.
We begin in January with the first topic and end in December with a potluck but feel free to start the classes at any time. We hope to see you there!
LIST OF TOPICS
1. FOOD: How much food to store and how to store it, preparation, cooking and preserving food, gardening, wild edibles, and farm animals
2. WATER: How much water to store and how to store it for long-term, types of water filtration and purification, collecting and replenishing stored water
3. COMMUNICATIONS: Creating a communications plan, types of radios, different forms of communications
4. POWER: What to do when the power goes out and how to prepare for it
5. MEDICAL: First Aid/Trauma kits, medicinal herbs, training, mental preparedness
6. HYGIENE & SANITATION: How to prepare for keeping clean and disease free
7. SECURITY: Self defense, home defense, training, and awareness
8. SHELTER: Learn how and when to shelter-in-place and bug out
9. TRANSPORTATION: Traveling after a disaster, modes of transportation and creating a plan
10. SKILLS: Best skills to have, what can you do, what can you learn and when to seek help
SELF-SUSTAINABILITY: Homesteading, DIY projects, working towards long-term survival
NOVEMBER - NO CLASS THIS MONTH
Join us on Saturday, November 19th for a Survival Swap Meet.
Located at the Fruitdale Grange, 1440 Parkdale Drive, Grants Pass From 4-6 PM
NO CLASS FOR DECEMBER. MERRY CHRISTMAS! See you in January.
You can receive reminders on upcoming events and store specials by signing up on our email list.
Looking for more personalized one-on-one training?
We provide individual and group training or site evaluations.
Contact us for more details.
"I drive from Portland every month to attend. Excellent information!"
Bob - Portland, Oregon
"Marcy is an excellent instructor and her classes are always informative. She teaches way better than most military instructors."
Michael - Grants Pass, Oregon
"I have been to a few classes and they have all been very informative."
John & Donna - Grants Pass, Oregon